Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo!
I have a very strange problem, at least, it seems to me so.
My university has a complex network with number of shared drives. And the university gave me username and password through which I can log in and access all these drives.
The thing is that I am using my personal computer and not the one that is provided by university. For this case I had to create Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection in full accordance with university network rules. And I had to map network drives and got access.
:confused::confused::confused:The problem is that whan I restarted my computer and reconnect to network via VPN I get an access to the Internet but not to the network drives. Creating a new VPN and mapping drives again works (while disconnecting the drives and mapping them again with old VPN does not) but after doing so several times server automatically blocked my account.
I wonder if anyone can suppose what might be the cause of these problems. Any versions?:(

· Retired Moderator
110,551 Posts
I'd be talking to the University IT folks, there are many reasons this could be happening.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is that Uni IT folks have no idea what the reason could be.
Though, I found strange solution. before unplugging network cable or turning the computer off I disable the VPN connetcion. It worked couple of times and I hope it will work in future. and one more thing. I have to map network drives again and again every time I reboot my computer. :D
Thanks for attention anyway.

· Retired Moderator
110,551 Posts
This is likely some oddity about your specific environment, hard to say exactly what it might be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.