Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an old pentium 200 with two SCSI 3GB harddrives that I haven't used for awhile.
I need to format the hard disks and install windows.
When I power the PC up with the startup disk in it seems to detect the two harddrives and the cd rom but after it says invalid system disk. I looked on the disk on another computer and it seems to be ok.
I'm using the same floopy drive as I used to make the startup disk.
I had to set the time and date again but it hasn't asked for them to be set again.
Can someone tell me whats wrong please
:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
if you are using a boot disk then that wont work, or if it will i dont know how, the best and easiest thing to do would be to put a windows cd in and after theat you will have a chance to format the HD's and then you can install windows...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't get the windows cd to run.
I put the windows startup disk data onto the harddrive and it loaded to the startupdisk screen but it won't run setup it says that it can't access A:\ or something like that.
I'm loading the contents of the windows cd to the harddrive to see if i can run it from that.
I have windows 98SE.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the harddrives have been formated you need a floopy disk with the windows startup files on it.

I've fixed the problem. I attached one of the hardrives to my other computer and copied the startup disk contents and the contents of the windows cd to it and ran windows setup from the hardrive.
It seems that the connection for the floopy drive on the motherboard may be broken because I just can't get it to work.

Thanks anyway
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.