Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem: Newly Built Pc - Setup will not Format, Gets stuck at 0%

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  IMiteBable2help 
#1 ·
Hey i have a gigabyte ga-ep43-ud3l motherboard, 2x1gb kingston hyper memory, 600w cool master PSU. 160gb Western Digital HD, core2 duo 2.8ghz e7400 processor. When i built i, it started up right away. When i tried to format the hard drive, when it said "setup is formatting" it gets stuck at 0%. What is the problem bcuz all my hardware is new? Ive tried switching the jumper, and the hard drive is new. Also, when i try to format it says 152625mb Disk 0 at id, o on bus, o n atapi(MBR). If anyone has a clue what is wrong, please reply to my thread. I need to get this PC running!
-tommy m

#3 ·
Sata AHCI mode is disabled, and when i do normal format, it stays at 0%. But whne i do quick it loads fast on the format, and then takes a little to copy. And it doesnt work, when i do quick format, afterwards i try to startup it shows the windows xp loading screen, and then shows an error. When i did normal format, i let it sit at the 0% for like 30mins and it didn t budge. Have any idea what is wrong?

#5 ·
I would agree with Lance1 and try the HDD manufacturers diagnostic utility to test the harddrive. Just because it is new doesn't mean it is definately OK, unserviceable parts do make it out of the factories :).

I had the same problem with a system upgrade I did for a friend recently, admittedly it was an old drive but the problem was pretty much exactly the same. I ran the manufacturers diagnostic util on the drive and it failed every test! Replaced it and everything worked fine.

#7 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.