Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows XP. I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2000 on my computer.
During the install I get the following error message:
Error 1305. Error reading from file: K:\PFiles\MSOffice\1033\WW9ASUM.DLL. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! There are several different fixes in this article. I'll give it a try, and hopefully one of them will work. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried all methods at that site except Method 2.
None of them worked.
I don't understand a couple things in method 2:
Method 2...
2. In the drive box, click a drive letter.
I don't know which letter to choose.
3. In the Folder box, type the UNC path for the server and shared resource in the form
\\server name\sharename, or click Browse to find the computer and shared resource.
I have no idea what this means.
I need to get this installed on my computer for my job. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
Are you installing this from a CD or from a server on a network?

I've installed Office 200 quite a few times, and I've never seen the path "PFiles\MSOffice\1033\WW9ASUM.DLL". What is PFiles? Sounds like a network folder.

Contact your company's IT department to see if there's a problem with the files on the network share.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm installing this from a CD-ROM that my company sent me.

I'm wondering if it's possible to download Office from a file sharing website
such as Limewire?

Thanks...

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
krnjm said:
I'm wondering if it's possible to download Office from a file sharing website
such as Limewire?
Geez. You're a senior member who's been around 3 years, and you still ask this question?

No one is going to help you do that.

As I said, I've never seen a PFiles folder on an Office installation CD. Is this an actual retail CD? Or is it a burned disk? I suggest contacting your company and asking them how you're supposed to install from this CD.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry if my question annoyed you. I really don't see why it would. I for one don't feel it's wrong to download from file sharing websites. I do it all the time, and have absolutely no guilt downloading music.
And to answer your question, this is a burned CD.

Thanks much. :)

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
What you're asking is illegal here. You need to stop asking or this thread will be closed, and you won't get any help, and you'll receive an official warning.

Contact the person / department that sent you the CD to find out how you're supposed to install from it.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Perhaps you don't think it's wrong to download illegal software, however we at TSG take the matter very seriously. Please read the TSG Rules before your next post. Do not ask for advice on illegal activities here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.