Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on dial-up using XP and Explorer 8. My provider has worked with me on this and has come to the conclusion it is a computer problem.

Problem: When I click on the icon I get a blank page searching and it will not connect to the internet. Then I go to the menu to Connect Option and I can get to the internet with no page. To get to the page I click on the icon and it comes up. Any ideas on this? Would like to try all options before I hire a tecnician. Also, my provider says it may be a register problem or I need a new modem. I have no problem moving around on the net once I get there.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

·
Registered
32,642 Posts
Hello
Didi you have this problem before you updated to IE8?

look in tools
internet options and see what you have for your home page

·
Registered
124,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Didi you have this problem before you updated to IE8?

look in tools
internet options and see what you have for your home page
My server walked me through all the internet options and all is correct.

As to IE8, this problem just started a couple of days ago.

Guess what!:D I got in this time clicking on the icon!

I'm wondering if deleting ad-ons has something to do with it. I always delete my browsing history whenever I surf and just noticed that deleting add-ons occurs. When I logged off today I didn't delete my browing history. Just thinking out loud on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.