Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to this message board.

I have probably a couple thousand JPEGs on my hard drive that I uploaded from my digital camera, and now I would like to burn these JPEGs to a DVD. (I would prefer burning them to one DVD as opposed to six or seven CDs.)

I have a Compaq Presario 3200 that came with Windows XP, a DVD-Writer/CD-Writer combo that came in the top drawer, and a preloaded program called "Sonic Record Now" version 6.7.0.

I have used the Record Now program to burn JPEGs to CD and had no problem. I just inserted a Memorex DVD-RW 4.7 gig and tried to burn about 3 gig of pictures onto it. A popup window keeps telling me to insert a blank DVD. I tried a couple more new DVDs but it keeps doing the same thing.

What am I doing wrong? Should I be using DVD-R instead of DVD-RW? Is the Sonic Record Now program no good for what I am trying to do? If so, any suggestions of any other programs I could use? You can burn JPEGs or any other data onto a DVD, can't you?

I am not trying to record video or a slideshow or anything like that. Just plain old JPEGs that were uploaded from my digital camera.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
It appears to me from what you've said that you've put the wrong type of disk in. You said your disk is a DVD-RW and from what I see about the Compaq Presario 3200 it has a DVD+ drive which means you need to get a DVD+RW or a DVD+R. If you put the wrong type of media in you just get a message telling you to insert a disk, it won't tell you that the one you've inserted is incorrect.

I made the same mistake when I bought my first DVD burner! Now I have one of each format!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.