Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am honestly not sure if this should go here...but I have a friend who has a dell computer with XP home edition installed. When she burns a cd of music (using nero 6) the cd is not recognized after the burn is complete. I burned a music cd on her machine and immediately played it in the machine (using musicmatch). Then I played the same cd on my computer using winamp. When I tried to play it in her computer it would not recognize the cd. Kept saying "Please insert cd". I then went and installed winamp on her machine and was able to play it. But she cannot play the cd in her car. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
First off make sure it is not a RW CD. Also there could be a problem with the burner. If it is the only CD ROM device onthe computer it should assuming that the computer uses (IDE) be on the secondary IDE channel and be the master device rather then slave. THis is assuming that you are dealing with one hard drive and one CD R ROM DRIVE.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Are you sure the CD was "Finalized"?
Make sure the settings are for "Disc at once" instaed of "Multisession"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.