Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just updated my computer - got a newish one (handdown from my son) which is a pentium 4 (I think) and much faster than the pentium 1 I had. Anyway, I have installed windows xp and office xp and suddenly, I cannot seem to print any office documents. It prints images, and the little thingys, (graphics from other programs) but the printer just rolls the bar and doesn't even send the little ink jet thingy across the bar for anything from Word or Outlook - I got a funny almost printout from an Access file, but it split in two pages what was a compact grid on the screen.
I have an ancient (8year old) Olivette JP360
the practice print test works. and I can print images ok.

any ideas?
urgent
thanks
:confused:

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
They probably don't have a driver for XP so you might be out of luck. Look in the default set of drivers for XP to see if there is one there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, excuse my ignorance, but how do I check out the drivers - I assume you mean for the printer.
but I don't understand how the printing problem can only be for Office and not image files.

I tried a pdf file and it printed the headline, but the roller juat rolled without the jet cartridge moving for the rest of it.

I tried a page from the internet - and it just rolled. but it prints a test page and it prints images. - so how does the driver only work for text?

thanks for your response.
roxy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.