Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My printer (HP420) has been working well until today. All of a sudden it is printing "greek" -- maybe it's HTML -- although the e-mail I've been trying to print is in English. How can I correct this problem? Thanks.

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
Start by checking the cable from the printer to the PC to be sure it's connected securely.

Then try deleting and re-installing the printer. Have the cd rom handy that came with the printer in case you need the drivers from it or your windows installation cd.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked everything. The printer will print out this Tech Guy page okay, but it totally garbles all my e-mail when I try to print it. Only the e-mail. What do you think might be wrong? Thanks.

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
Ok, I didn't realize it was just email....are you using Outlook Express?

If so, go to tools, options, read, fonts.....did your language get changed?

Mine says Western European......but I can certainly choose Greek :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha, ha! I've had enuf Greek for today. No, I'm not using Outlook Express. My e-mail program is with Yahoo! via Netscape. Does that make a difference? Thanks.

·
Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
Maybe you have some Greek friends sending you email :D

Seriously, I don't have an answer, but it's DEFINITELY not a hardware / printer issue, so I'm going to move you to the Internet email section where those gurus can see your posting...

good luck......and don't be e-mailing me in Greek! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.