Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a printer for a while now, an HP Deskjet 5700 Series. Its worked fine for the past year and a half, and then one day came up with an error message saying that I have the incorrect cartridge for the color cartridge. I know its the right one, and I've taken them out and cleaned everything, even replaced the cartridge, yet I still get the same error. I've talked to HP about this and all they can tell me is to uninstall and reinstall the software for it, which I did, to no avail. Even when the printer is unplugged from any computer, the color cartridge light is still flashing, telling me something is wrong with it. Any help would really be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
try pressing
setup and uparrow - if you have them on your machine.
a friend had the same problem on a HP2150 all-in one and the first time he changed carts he had to do this

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Faedur said:
I've had a printer for a while now, an HP Deskjet 5700 Series. Its worked fine for the past year and a half, and then one day came up with an error message saying that I have the incorrect cartridge for the color cartridge. I know its the right one, and I've taken them out and cleaned everything, even replaced the cartridge, yet I still get the same error. I've talked to HP about this and all they can tell me is to uninstall and reinstall the software for it, which I did, to no avail. Even when the printer is unplugged from any computer, the color cartridge light is still flashing, telling me something is wrong with it. Any help would really be appreciated!
Howdy folks...

Faedur...

Have you changed the color cartrige?

Reason I ask is my HP PSC 1210 had the same message when it was out of ink...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jedi, yes I did. The error first occurred about a month into an ink cartridge with moderate use, and I changed the cartridge and the error didn't go away.

Etaf, thanks for the help, I'll try that when I get back to Waterloo to school (I left my printer there over the break) hopefully that will help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.