Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running WinXP with an HP OfficeJet 720 Series All-In One. I keep getting "communication error" "communication failed" and such messages yet the printer continues to work. It does freeze up for a few moments and is painfully slow. Each time I use it, it wants to reconfigure the system settings, which takes forever. Is this normal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I downloaded everything I could get my hands on (just kidding). I downloaded the updated driver for XP but to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled till the cows came home but... It seems like I'm just missing a small piece of the puzzle. Kinda makes one wonder what it's all about? Even as I'm typing this the printer is frozen up. Darn :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I downloaded everything I could get my hands on (just kidding). I downloaded the updated driver for XP but to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled till the cows came home but... It seems like I'm just missing a small piece of the puzzle. Kinda makes one wonder what it's all about? Even as I'm typing this the printer is frozen up. Darn :(

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Without me going to the HP site (hehe, one of my favorite places) is this a USB or parallel all-in-one?

Do you have any conflicting devices in the device manager (does XP still have that)? Sorry, not into XP yet.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.