Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anybody know where i can get like a free 30 day trial or something to the like of powerpoint because i have a project due in about that time.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

·
Registered
665 Posts
I know of no trial POwer Point, but..if I can help, I could prep a presentation for you if you have all the info you need

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XL Guru,
Hey ill try your site thanks.. i hope it works for me!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Guru,

Thanks i have it and it is working great the only thing i hope is that it is compatiable with power point

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
>> i hope is that it is compatiable with power point

Compatible probably means that "Impress" files can be Saved As PowerPoint (*.ppt). If you're rilly lucky, it'll Save As specific versions. Out of curiosity I'm dowloading OpenOffice myself to check.

You could always check yourself with a freebie viewer -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CB-A153-895C1AA220F8&freetext=&DisplayLang=en

Finally (in context of the rule of thumb that "we can't do your homework"), if there are any gaps in cross-functionality, I have PP97 & 2000 so could top'n'tail for you.

Rgds,
Andy

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
>> And I've got XP and 2003...

Hi Anne. I'd be surprised if you didn't. But ;

(a) aren't those crap? <vbg>

(b) look at ALL THOSE POSTS. I'm worried you're working too hard.

Rgds,
Andy

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Installed OpenOffice, "Impress" seems OK.

You can save as PowerPoint 97/2K/XP. Sometimes it prompts something about loss of features/formats. But nothing is apparently screwed on re-opening in PowerPoint. In fact, text animation effects look klunky when applied in Impress, but look as intended when opened in PP (?!?).

Armed with Impress (plus PP Viewer to check your output), you should get on OK. But if you get stuck, just pop back to TSG. ;)

Rgds,
Andy

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey thnak you so much you guys for helping, Ill come back if anything should come up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks like it worked now i have it on the school computer and every thing looks as good as it can thanks u guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.