Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm downloading ppt files either from an email or from an ftp site. They are '.ppt' files before I download them, but they change to '.shs' files after I've downloaded them, an extension that Windows doesn't recognise. I've tried manually changing the extension in properties but this doesn't work. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I am running Windows Vista with Office 2007. It doesn't happen with all ppt files.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I do not know why it happened, but you should look at this page here. It first talks about this maybe being a virus. I would recommend that you scan your PC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I ran a scan general scan on my computer (anti-virus (AVG) and a general clean-up scan (Advanced Windowscare V2 Personal)), and although no viruses came up, there was plenty of cleaning to be done, and the files now open as '.ppt' files. Both these pieces of software are free, and have good reputations. My anti-virus scans daily, with the general clean-up being run every week or so. As this problem has occured, am I not doing enough to keep my system clean and organised?

Many thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.