Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friends Ultra 500w power supply that has past the test for the plugs, but does make the light in any room or house flicker once when you plug in the power cord. The unit switch is turn off. The mother board is shot and I think maybe this might be the trouble maker.
I have never had one do this, so I thought I would put it out there to see what you think.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sunnyeagle said:
I have a friends Ultra 500w power supply that has past the test for the plugs, but does make the light in any room or house flicker once when you plug in the power cord. The unit switch is turn off. The mother board is shot and I think maybe this might be the trouble maker.
I have never had one do this, so I thought I would put it out there to see what you think.
wtf you needa 500w for lol, 250-300w is fine for anything man. i would most def. say that the 500w power supply is your troublemaker. trash it or sell it and get you something smaller and more scaled to what you will be doing or what your friend will be doing

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
sunnyeagle said:
Why are you trying to boot a broken motherboard anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.