Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it true you need a 350 watt power supply to use a geforce6600 gt video card. so if you don't have that much you have to replace your power supply also?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'm getting the geforce6600gt video card. now i realize i don't have enough wattage in my power supply. is there much difference in the various power supply units? this is turning into a never ending quest. i started out just getting more ram. also whats the deal about plugging an extra cable into the video card?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
The 6600gt may need a 350W supply. I also saw 300W quoted somewhere. At any rate it's always good to have a little more than you need. The quality of the power supply does make a difference. A good brand with a lower total output might give you more than a cheaper brand that supposed puts out more. This is by no means an all exclusive listed but some decent brands at reasonable prices include Antec, Powermax, Enermax and Enlight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.