Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, and thanks for helping.

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop PCG-GRX570, using XP Home. Some time ago, for no reason I can fathom, my Power Options Applet stopped offering me the chance to change Power Schemes settings! When I open it, the Power Schemes window is blue and I can't type anything into it, and there are no settings available to choose. I can change the Alarms, Power Meter, Advanced, and Hibernate settings, but can't set any Power Schemes. As a result I can only run full power which as you can guess drains the battery fast. Any ideas to repair this? Can I reinstall the Power Options Applet easily?

Best,
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TK,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the reference site you posted is no longer an active link. So, I'm still without a fix. I tried the Sony site, and no luck so far. Thanks again.

Jim

·
Registered
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rude,

Thanks for the try. But unfortunately, it didn't work.

I also did try a minimum start-up, basic files, etc. and that didn't make a difference either, so I assume it is not a conflict with some program added later.

Still a mystery.

Best,
Jim

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Try from safemode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.