Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have received the above and saved it onto my computer where it is sitting saying that the file is a Microsoft Power Point Slide Show with size 1,240kb. When I go to open it with MS Power Point Viewer I get a blank white screen. When I click the mouse it goes to a blank black screen with "End of slide show, click to exit" at the top. Is there a fault with what has been sent to me or am I doing something wrong? I have received and viewed other .pps files and viewed them without any dramas.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Check the size of the file - it may be empty. You could ask the sender to re-send and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's saying 1,240kB. I've asked the sender if anyone else he sent it to has had problems. I'm also forwarding the email with the attachment to someone else to see if they can open it. Will advise how I go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further to the above. A computer friend of mine said I should download Macromedia Flash Player as the attachment required that as well as MS PP viewer to work. I was sure I already had that program but downloaded it again anyway, still no difference. I emailed the attachment to him and he just double clicked on it and away it went (WackoJacko's noses or similar). When I double click on it I get a window with the text "Command line option syntax error. Type Command /? for Help." He has now suggested I re-install MS Office. Seems drastic to me..................Help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Narrowing the field....I think the file is more a Flash type file activated by Macromedia Flash Player 7, which I have installed, but for some reason it is not making the file "fire". When I right click on the file and it says "Open With"...........how and where do I select Macromedia Flash Player 7 as the opening programme? I've looked on another computer and when opened this WackoJacko file goes straight to a "Loading" graphic and after it reaches 100% away it goes. You don't have to click through slides, you just sit there and watch, clicking only once or twice at certain points to select his nose etc. Does any knowledgeable person know what is happening here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.