Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Basically, I have a laptop and it won't start properly. It started with downloading a program from an unknown publisher (I'm an idiot). After I uninstalled the program, I closed Internet Explorer. Then IE wouldn't open without getting an error message. I logged off a few times to see if it would start up again but it didn't. I also kept getting messages like "Adobe Reader was closed". I uninstalled adobe reader to see if it was the problem. IE still didn't work. I was about to uninstall IE and reinstall it, but I wanted to make sure restarting the computer wouldn't fix it.

I restarted the computer. Then when I went to log in, it said "welcome" like it always does then Bam! a blue screen pops up saying, "Windows has a problem and has been shut down to prevent damage" or something (it flashed so quickly it was hard to catch it all). The computer restarted again with options to go into safe mode. Safe mode works, but I don't know what program is causing it. I already uninstalled the unknown publisher's program. I also have McAfee Security Center which I'm going to try to run in safe mode to see if I have a virus. A "quick scan" turned up nothing. I'm going to try a full scan. Until then, does anyone have an answer?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

-CouchPotatoGuy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.