Registered
5,106 Posts
From Spongebob XD LOL :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Henry,

Windows Audio/Video file... I think. They're just audio files though. One step down from mp3, IMO. I think...

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
oh btw why wouldn't you dl them because you have Firefox? That's what I use and I dl wav files all the time. =/

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HenryVI said:
Curious cause I don't wanna dl them (I use Firefox)
Whats a WAV file???
TG is correct .. a wav file is a windows sound file. They are stored in this folder on your computer. C:\Windows\Media

You can go into the control panel - sounds - and change which ones play and when.

I have had lots of fun making them. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Just use windows recorder and edit as desired.

I have a bunch of homemade ones of my girlfriend and kiddies ;)

You should be able to download them from here .. unzip .. then double click on the file.wav .. and presto .. you should hear it.

I will post a file in the Freeware thread that is from the good ole days and will play just about any sound format.

Now come on Henry .. Lets get crackin :)

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
There are many ways to convert mp3 files, but I do it by going into iTunes, clicking Preferences, Importing, and then select "Imort using WAV encoder". Then import your favorite mp3 into iTunes from your hard disk, right click the song, and say "Convert selection to WAV". It will create a wav file of your song, stored in the itunes folder in My Music. You may prefer to use something more convenient, but I don't need to encode all that much, and when I do I would rather use a program I already have.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NOYB said:
""" Just use windows recorder and edit as desired """
Have you tried the freeware Audacity ?? ...
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

How would you convert a MP3 to WAV ?
Nope never used that one? It's been awhile since I messed around with them but I'm at it again and havin a blast. This is what I would try NOYB:

Open Windows Media Player with your MP3 file ready to play. Open Windows Recorder and start the MP3 playin and start the Windows Recorder at the correct time. I did this to edit the Detroit.wav last night and it should work for MP3's and no added software is needed.

Post back with your results.
Good Luck
Cowboy

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Yeah, that's probably simpler SC.

·
Trusted Advisor
21,991 Posts
SC ...
If you’re going to play, You really need to look at the audio Recorder n Editor “Audacity”,
There’s no limitation on the recording time (disc space only)

Audacity will trim the ends, fade in n out, remove noise profiles, remove or rearrange sections, change pitch … etc …
And It’s unbelievably Free. The limitation is that it only saves in MP3.

Even though I have Adobe Audition (the old Cool Edit) – I primarily use Audacity, It’s Faster n Simpler.
I did have to use Audition to change the sample rate of USMC to downsize the file so it would fit here.
I could have re-recorded it at a lower sample rate in Audacity to do this.

You can use it to record … then edit later.
To save as a mp3, you’ll need to load the file lame_enc.dll and place it in the Program files/Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&item=lame-mp3

I’m anxious to hear what you can do with it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.