Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm working on a website that has this big flash commercial that plays on the home page. I want this to play just once. I can easily do that with cookies but here is the thing. I want that if the user goes to the other pages and the Flash has not downloaded yet, when the visitor comes back to the home page, it should still play. So does anyone know if it is possible to check if the page has fully downloaded? Would like to add that I don't have access to the Flash FLA.

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
do you have access to the flash source?

If so you could write the cookie using the flash, in the last frame or something so that the cookies are only created once the user has watched the movie all the way through.

Although making visitors watch a comercial all the way through when they visit your site, is a quick way of p**^& them off.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
No I don't have access to the Flash source file, that's the whole problem.
The answer is no then.....Flash loading variables are created in actionscripts, you need to either re-create the movie, or have to original.

You may be able to get a rough source and convert to flash if you used flashget or sothink SWF compiler, I believe they have trial versions and they convert .swf files to .fla files pretty well, enough for you to save some time re-creating the movie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.