Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lynksis Router (non-wireless) and when i join Counterstrike and Battlefield 1942 games, i am unable to connect to them... It says "retrying 4 times, then says unable to connect"

Well... I have a pentium3 dell computer with a Gforce 4 so that is not the problem I don't think. The problem could be arising from my router. My internet does work with other games (ie. Warcraft).

By the way, my computer is networked with my brothers computer, but his computer isn't having any problems.

Help would be much appreciated and I know someone else had this issue awhile back.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Wouldn't be a problem with the router. I'm thinking it's your software settings. Actually, firewall settings. If you have a software firewall, tone down the settings or make sure it allows the games in question access to the 'net. Some games require more traffic in and out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.