Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am doing something that is not common and i am not sure that it can be done. i have a computer that has windows 98 se and it has a dialup internet connection and it shares it to my linksys router and it is plugged into the internet port on the router. that then shares the internet to all of the computers. now on there i am trying to froward a computer port that is on the network. i do everything on the network but it failes because it try's to go to the computer that has the internet connection on it. i was wondering how to fix this. i was thinking that i could get a program that could go onto the computer with the internet connection on it so that it could froward the port or something. can any one help

·
Registered
146 Posts
lufkinp6 said:
i do everything on the network but it failes because it try's to go to the computer that has the internet connection on it. i was wondering how to fix this. i was thinking that i could get a program that could go onto the computer with the internet connection on it so that it could froward the port or something. can any one help
That doesn't make sense to me. I understand that you have a computer with Windows 98 installed. I understand that it connects to your ISP using a dial-up connection and that you've shared that connection to the WAN port of your Linksys router which distributes that connection to the other computers through your LAN ports. I understand that you're trying to forward a port on the Linksys router and I can't understand what comes after that.

Joe

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forget what i said above and look at this this is what i have and want to do this shuuld clear things up

Okay-it’s like this

I’ve got a dialup internet connection running in to a computer.

The computer is running into a router through the Internet port and is sharing the dialup connection through ICS to the other machines

What I want to do is get the computer to forward the ports as the router would…

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that softwhere dose not seem to do what i need. what i was wondering is if there was some way that i could just share the ports on the router the way you would do it if you had cable internet plugged into it and it would just work? any thoughts mean while i will play with that program some more and see if i cant make it work

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think you'll have to deal with Internet Connection Sharing first. It may be possible to do but unfortunately I don't know of any way that it is and I can't find anything on the internet other than that software to help you out.
Sorry.

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.