Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesw anyone know where these are in MSN9? I need to find them so I can plug them into Outlook.

Thanks!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, If you are setting up a mail account in Outlook, you need the server addresses from your ISP for the incoming (pop3) and outgoing (smtp) mail servers they use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't they have put that in my MSN9 Browser? All I know is when I open the MSN9 browser, there is aq panel on the right hand side that has my INBOX and when I click that it opens what seems to be a hotmail page but the mail is to MSN.COM. Since mail goes to that, shouldn't there be a POP3/SMTP in there somewhere? This is my fiance's laptop and she said they have never been able to get Outlook working, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was just wondering where to find it in the MSN9 settings.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, You still I am pretty sure have to create the account in Outlook itself. But, I only use Outlook Express, MS Outlook might be different...

I have my ISP webmail sent to Outlook Express and the only way to do this is to create an account in OE using the webmail's server names.

As Brendan posted it may depend on whether the mail app you are using allows mail to be transferred to other accounts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that link that Brendan provided I think I have it licked. Just need to get the password and test it out.

Thanks alot guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.