Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When working on a spreadsheet in Excel 03, everytime I go to enter in a calculation or data in a cell it gives me a pop-up box and it says "MS Visual Basic, user not defined, type okay or help" if I click okay it then proceedes with my calculation - but the problem is this box comes up every time. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Sounds like there is some VBA code in your Workbook_SheetCalculate event or similar event. To check for this do the following. With the workbook open click ALT + F11. When the VBA project explorer comes up, look in the project explorer window at the top left of the VB editor that shows all the Excel Objects associated with your project (Sheet1, Sheet2, This Workbook, etc) Find the object labeled "This Workbook" and right click it and choose "Vew Code." Look for the two drop down combo boxes across the top of the VB editor (By default they will should show "General" and "Declarations.") Change the two drop downs to show "WorkBook" on the first and "SheetCalculate" on the other. Is there any code located when you select these? If so, delete the code (if you don't need it) and re-save the workbook. If there is no code appearing under the event I described above, follow the same step and check the Workbook_SheetChange event for any code that may be causing the error. Also check the explorer window for any modules that may be attached to the workbook. If you find any that you don't use or recognize, delete them as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

Rollin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.