Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have an issue with my printer and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I go about fixing it.

I have Canon BJC-4200SP, it's a few years old but still does the job. Today though it has been playing up. I have been using it for work purposes for a while now, printing out customer receipts - so I use the highest quality option.

I had to change the ink today though, I've actually changed the cartridge twice now to try and fix it but what is happening is that I am getting this poor printout quality. You know how you get those white lines through the text and lines for tables come out squiggly and that. That's the only way I can describe the problem really.

Is it that I changed the cartrigde and it needs a few prints before the ink settles. Or is it time for a new printer? I dusted everything and cleaned as much as I could as well. Even did all those printer head cleaning things in maintanence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
In your Canon software there should be some way for you to calibrate your ink cartridge. That's what it sounds like to me. Before you calibrate it, I would also do a clean print heads as well. If you don't have Canon software installed, just go to Canon's website, www.canon.com , and see if you can download the drivers from there. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.