1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
a picture is a file, a free program is a file, an update is a file. So which kind does he want to criminalize? Email is a file, needed by many companies. So which one or ones ?
This sounds like China, that does not allow sending any news out to the world.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a picture is a file, a free program is a file, an update is a file. So which kind does he want to criminalize? Email is a file, needed by many companies. So which one or ones ?
This sounds like China, that does not allow sending any news out to the world.
Just the easiest ways of sharing.

Lately, I've been getting free e-books via P2P. They have other links, but make you wait and the speed is slow.

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
bp936...the news article that was the explanation for the new actions in Brittan was very explicit:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aring--just-days-meeting-record-producer.html

excerpt>
Lord Mandelson launched a crackdown on internet piracy just days after meeting a leading Hollywood critic of illegal file sharing.

The business secretary plans to criminalise the estimated seven million people - one in 12 of the population - who illicitly download music and films over the internet.

·
Administrator
123,555 Posts
I've deleted everything that doesn't contribute to the topic at hand. I think assumptions are being made on both sides and this is not a debate forum but merely a place to post news articles of interest. Should any further comments be added in the same light as those that were deleted, they will be removed and the thread will be closed without further notice.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Stoner I guess I didn't read the complete article, I apologize.

·
Banned
44,930 Posts
Stoner I guess I didn't read the complete article, I apologize.
None necessary :)

Piracy and illegal distribution of digital media appears to be a general problem in most countries.
Unfortunately it's becoming socially acceptable and thus difficult to persuade people otherwise as that Brit article inferred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.