Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a Keysonic Wireless Keyboard, the installation on this is plug and play. The computer I am trying to install this on is about 5 years old, but had not been used for about 4 years. I have completed all updates and have gotten wireless broadband installed. When I plug in the dongle for the keyboard in the computer is not recordnising the hardware. The instruction advise to check that the BIOS system supports USB keyboards, but I don't know how to get into the BIOS system to check this. I am running on Windows XP version 2002, and the computer is a Packard Bell. I have tried the F1, F2, DEL, but it just goes to a blank screen and dosen't do anything. Please help, not sure what to do next. I have tried the dongle in another PC and the hardware shows up immediately.
Thanks
Sarah

·
Registered
12 Posts
I most cases you will probably need to access the Bios to change settings to allow the keyboard to work, and as you said pressing those keys should have brought it up.
However you may be able to use a USB --> PS/2 adapter and plug your usb keyboard into the (purple?) PS/2 keyboard port at the back of your computer, your keyboard may have even come with this adpater, otherwise they are cheap & common. This should allow you to use the keyboard with full funtionality, except for the hot swapping ability, you will not be able to plug your keyobard in while windows in running, but will need to restart.
However I cannot guarantee if this will work for your USB dongle, but it has worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.