Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
If it is a Linksys, they are usually blue and grey with Linksys written across the front, D-Links are silver boxes with D-Link written on top

Those are the two major companies, you may have something else.

Try typing "192.168.1.1" into an Internet Explorer window and when it asks for a username and a login, reply here with what it says in that window that you are connecting to, which is usually the model number for the router.

For example, here is mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it's more complicated then it seems. You see, my ISP is puts me through a router, i'm pretty sure of that. But i only have a modem (Lancity) in my home. So i need to know, is there any way to know what router am i put through. I've tried many 192.168.xxx.xxx ips, but none of them work.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Who is your ISP? I've never heard of such a thing, although I imagine it could be possible. If they are using a router, I doubt the address would be anywhere near the 192.168.XX area though, as those would be the numbers on your side.

What is it that you are trying to do anyway?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to use a program called eMule. It's giving me a LowId because some important ports are blocked. My firewall's configured properly, so that means i must forward those ports. Too bad i don't know how to find/connect to the router.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.