Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help with HP Compaq

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  philtivvy 
#1 ·
Hi
My son in law has given me this computer to install a wireless card but I do not see how to do it.
To help with identification: the computer has HP Compaq on the front, on the side it has a barcode sticker with the number CZC3350 P 1 Z. I have run PC Wizard on it and it tells me the mainboard is HP 0864 H, it has 512 mb RAM and a 40 gb hdd.
From the outside it looks as if there is provision for 1 expansion card, can anyone confirm this?
There is one easily detachable cover which gives access to the HDD but the area surrounding the expansion slots is beneath a further cover which looks rather more complicated to remove.
Help with installing the wireless card would be appreciated and any links to manuals for the computer and the mainboard would also be welcome.
regards
phil

#2 ·
Try going to this page on the HP web site:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Enter CZC3350P1Z (your data from the label minus the spaces) in the search box. When I tried it, the information that came back was that the computer was a "D530 ULTRA SLIM DESKTOP". If that seems to be correct then you may be able to find servicing information on the HP web site based on the D530 model number and the Ultra Slim Desktop configuration information.

EDIT: Just found the product specifications page here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...skId=101&prodSeriesId=316727&prodTypeId=12454

It shows one "PCI - 1 full-height, 5.28 in / 13.4 cm length PCI card " available.

#5 ·
Hi
Not good news I am afraid.
The link to a manual is for a different model which differs cosiderably from the one to which I wish to add a card.
The link to the HP site lists a couple of useful manuals but the link to these manuals does not exist, quite possibly because these links were dated march 2004 so I assume HP no longer provide support.
If anyone else has suggestions I am still looking!
regards
phil

#8 ·
P/N DZ034T#G25
Searching for that number using my earlier link also reports the computer as a "D530 ULTRA SLIM DESKTOP" The PDF file for manual is for the D500 series and has separate sections for the different case configurations. If the service section for the ultra slim desktop does not match your computer, somebody may have switched labels on the computer.

#9 ·
Hi again
I have had another look inside the easily detachable cover and closer examination of the inner cover suggests it is secured by two screws and slides up to access the expansion slots. the problem here is that this cover is partially under the rear casing/frame of the computer which in turn is rivetted to each side of the computer.
The air duct to the processor cn be moved aside which might give enough clearance to draw the cover away from the frame thus freeing it to be lifted out, but I would like to know if this is the right approach and if there are any pitfalls which are not yet visible.
regards
phil

#11 ·
Hi cwwozniak
I tried the link in your last post and the HP website says sorry but the page cannot be found.
I returned to the link in your first post and as far as I can tell the front panel of the computer looks like Ultra slim desk top, but the back looks a bit like Small Form Factor. The subsequent interior illustrations look nothing like the thing I have and they refer to 2 expansion slots (I have 1) and also to an AGP video card slot, my mainboard spec says it has no AGP slot.
I am now confused (a not uncommon state when you reach years of discretion or as my grandson says "You are senile")
regards
phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.