Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i hope someone can help me with this, its sort of a general question. In the games worm armageddon, I try to host a game but can't cuz im behind a firewall. I have heard it is possible to get around this by opening up a certain port or something or proxy, but I have to admit I don't know where or how to do this or how to get around the firewall at all? any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
37,519 Posts
Hiya and Welcome

First off, whats your Firewall? Just read this from here:

http://www.team17.com/support.html?submit

7.7 Port information for network connection via firewalls

To ensure successful usage your machine requires outgoing connections on TCP ports 80 and 6667, as well as on UDP ports 17010, 17011 and 17012. If you want to be able to host a game you will have to redirect incoming packets on the UDP ports to your machine.

7.8 Connection from behind a Zonealarm firewall

It may be possible to achieve connection via this method. To achieve this you will have to contact Zonealarm directly for further information and assistance on their unique firewall settings.

Now, are you using ZoneAlarm or another type of firewall?

Regards

eddie

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for replying to this post, eddie, but could you please clarify on exactly what i have to do to get this working? i know now that its a hardware firewall cuz i dont have zonealarm or anything else like that installed so...

·
Super Moderator
37,519 Posts
Okay

You say this is a hardware firewall. It usually is a piece of equipment sitting next to your pc. Are you part of a network or is it standalone? It would be easier to know what you actually have.
If there is a box nearby, can you read anything off it? If its a network, are you in charge of it or is it someone else?

Reading from my previuos reply

To ensure successful usage your machine requires outgoing connections on TCP ports 80 and 6667, as well as on UDP ports 17010, 17011 and 17012. If you want to be able to host a game you will have to redirect incoming packets on the UDP ports to your machine[/qoute]

as I say, easier if we know what it is so that we can set rules to allow these ports to be opened, only for this game.

Regards

eddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.