Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Please keep in mind that I am not knowledgeable about computers. also I am not sure if this is posted in the right spot so sorry if it isn't.

About a week ago I was trying to download google chrome onto my home windows xp computer. The computer froze right before it was able to finish so I was forced to shut down the computer. When I tried to start up the computer again it would start to boot up and then after a little while(less than a minute) it would automatically shut down again. The screen says something like "we are sorry for the inconvenience windows was unable to start successfully...due to a change in software or hardware...?" and then it asks me to select a prompt like go into safe mode, start from last known working configurations, and start normally. All the while the screen is counting down from thirty seconds. I tried going into safe mode but it just starts normally no matter what prompt I choose(not even restartig from last known working configurations). After that it shuts down starts again shuts down and starts again in a continuous pattern until i manually turn it off.please I need a solution to this problem that lets me keep all the things I have saved on the computer(I was stupid and did not back-up anything). A working computer is vital to my school work so please any reply is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Before you do anything else, I suggest you back up your critical data now.

Here is how.

Method 1

1. Remove the hard drive from the PC or Laptop, put the hard drive in a suitable external USB hard drive enclosure.

2. Connect the enclosure to another PC to copy you important data to another location.

Method 2

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

After your data is safe do a repair of XP

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you able to go to "Safe Mode"
When the system boots after BIOS screen continuously press F8.

A screen will be displayed were you can choose to go to the SAFE MODE

First check this

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.