Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi please can you advise me regarding window messenger, i cannot when i open it to do anything it crashes with the message that windows meeenger encountered a problem and need to close, its annoying me, goldiehawn17

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello goldiehawn17,

Ahh it's red, it burns! :)

Is it Windows Live Messenger you are using?

Do you have or use any plugins for it? If so, switch them off or preferably uninstall them.

Additionally, open Internet Explorer.
Go to Tools
>Internet Options
>Advanced
>Underneath "Browsing", find "Disable Script Debugging"
>There may be two options that say the same thing, disable both.
>Also disable "Enable Third Party Browser Extensions"
>Click Apply & then OK
>Try Windows Messenger.

If this fails, you may have to uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Messenger.

C.Skyco

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
While the computer is booting, gently tap (continously) the F8 key. This will bring up the safe mode window. Use the arrow keys to move up to the selection 'last known good configuration' Click enter and let the computer do it's thing.
Hopefully this will correct the problem for you.
Vicks

·
Administrator
123,542 Posts
BillSnapWire,

I've deleted your post as you are not qualified to assist with malware removal.

Please refer to the rules concerning HijackThis log analysis and malware removal.

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Log Analysis/Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality, those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified. Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield
next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield next to their
next to their names. Anyone wishing to participate in a training program should contact a Moderator for more information.

Please refrain from replying to security related matters on this forum until you have presented evidence to one of the moderators or admins here that proves you to be qualified to do so. If you are not yet qualified and interested in being trained, we will be glad to help you get enrolled at one of the free online training facilities. Just PM me or one of the other moderators that work Security and we'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.