Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V2 Premier computer that is possessed! My computer re-boots every time I try and run my antivirus software, disk defrag, and when I try to download Microsoft updates. I also get this blue screen that displays a message that goes so fast I can't read what is says. I think it says if you get a message like this.... Also every time it re-boots it runs disk checker. After it re-boots, I get this small window on the desktop that says Windows Installer. I checked the Add/Remove to remove Windows Installer but its not even listed. I'm at my wits end. I'm ready to toss this computer out of the window! Tech support is a joke! They told me I should remove everything from my computer in BIOS and start from the beginning but I don't know how and I'm afraid I will do more damage than good. Can someone please help? Thank you.

PC Info.
V2 Premier computer Processor Speed: 3.2GHz
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Online system: Verizon DSL
Monitor: 17" CRT

·
Registered
103 Posts
sounds like you might have a virus. Are your virus definitions up to date? if so scan your whole pc and see if it finds any. If not, install NOD32 30-day trial and scan your pc. It will find a virus if you've got it.

·
Registered
11,852 Posts
Let's find out what deamons are inside this computer and we will try to fix it by Halloween wit the help of our HijackThis experts.

Oh Welcome to TSG......

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.