Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Gateway PC Windows Vista computer about 2 days ago I started getting a problem that I was not able to boot the computer on the first try the line I saw that might be the problem is this:

Client MAC ADDR: 00 19 21 32 E4 AA GUID: FEFEFEFE-FEFE=FEFE-FEFEFEFEFEFE PXE – E53 – No boot filename received

To ME it appears that it is looking for a MAC computer and not a PC to boot. Yesterday after SEVERAL attempts I was able to get the computer to fully load and it worked fine. I did a computer check with AOL software came back no problem. Did a scan disc NO problem did a defrag no problem too. The hard drive is saying there is no problems.

Today I tried and I saw the message above and this time I can't get the computer to go past it. I do not have a boot disc every time I tried to follow the step to create one it said the disc was not big enough. I was using a read write CD.

Now I am getting this message on a blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is your first time you've seen this screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers check your hard drive to sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

technical info *** Stop:0x 0000007B COX 82004 BAO,0XC000003A, )X 00000000, 0X 00000000)

I am NEW to Windows Vista How can I check for Viruses if I can't get the computer to fully reboot and open to the desktop? How can I run CHKDSK/F if I can't get the Windows software to fully open?

Are there settings I can restore in Settings (F2) or Boot (F10) to get this to work? I do not have the money to take it to get fix. Please help ASAP.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Schwartz

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Client MAC ADDR: 00 19 21 32 E4 AA
That's talking about the MAC Address (also called the Physical Address) of a network adapter; probably your ethernet adapter. This is a new error to me; my guess is that in the BIOS "boot from network" is enabled and the computer had trouble finding the boot manager on the hard drive and then tried the network.

Maybe the hard drive is loose (if laptop) or a connector to it is loose (if desktop). You probably got some documentation with your PC that will show you how to check the hard drive for the possibilities I mentioned. Else there should be some user manuals on their web site.

I think my guesses above would also cover the other symptoms you're getting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.