Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me. Something has happened with my ability to open certain windows when I am on-line. I was assuming that it was a firewall or security problem, but when I check it, it says I am on the medium settings yet I stil can't do what I want to do. For example, I have RealArcade on my computer, but when I try to open it up it just says "connecting" and never connects. When I go into my bank account, it asks me to log in and after the log in is accepted, it just says constantly "retrieving data" and never actually opens the page. I can go to a site but when I click on the linking pages, they never open. Just like the smilies on this site, when I click on one to add to this dialogue, it never happens. I am confused, because it was working fine up until last Wednesday. I am running windows xp.

Thanks
Kurt

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yes that is what I meant Kurt If you were using Firefox you may have had trouble accesing some security sites and Microsoft updates .

Go here http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Download Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware Se UPDATE them both and do a scan getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

After doing ALL the above

Download Hijack This 1.99.0 Do a scan and post the log here please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.