Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i have a digital camera which i can use to make small movies ie 30 seconds long, i store them all in the same folder and my 2 year old loves to sit and just watch them, this can take up to 30 mins so it keeps here quiet, but the option to play all does not work now in the video options in the folder has anyone any idea why

thankyou

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Try running this regfile from Kellys Korner, Line 327, Right side, titled: 'Restore Play All'.
Download it to your Desktop(or anywhere you like) and double click it. After it runs, you can delete it, or save it for future use.

moper

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It is basicly a text file with a .reg extension. You want to save it to disk, not open it. Try this: Right click the "Restore Play All", choose 'Save Target As'. In the Save As box:
Save In: Choose Desktop
Filename: Make sure it says 'playall.reg'
Save as Type: Make sure it says 'registration entries' or 'all files'
Click Save

moper

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi there mate thanks for that although the reg file did save to my desktop ok running it never corrected my problem as play all still wont run, have you any other ideas

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if you open the folder...edit>select all...then rt. click on one>add to wmp playlist...

when wmp opens arrange them in the order you want and save it as a playlist...

is that a solution ?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Is just 'Play All' missing, or the entire menu? See Attachment.

Is this folder a regular folder or is it the 'My Videos' folder in 'My Documents'?

If you right click the Video folder and choose Properties, do you see a 'Customize' tab?

moper

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the play all task is there its just when i clcik on it the egg timer comes on as though it is going to play them but nothing happens, if i selct a clip and add it to paly list it does work, just tried to selct all and add to play list and this does work, its just my paly all command which does not and this is easier for my 6 year old daughter to use

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think back to installing a bit defender update and things seem to go wrong from there, with this shell prog i dont really know what to look for its just strange that this has happened maybe i could do a system restore to a couple of weeks ago but i really dont like to do those i would rathe format and start again, do microsoft have anything on this subject, thanks all for your help on this one

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
It's really not as difficult as it sounds. Download the self installer near the bottom of the page from here:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html Install it.

What you are looking for is something that shows up in the menu when you right click on a file. Here's an example with AVG.

Read about Method 2 here:http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

When you run Shellexview it will take a few seconds to scan your system. Then you will be presented with a large list. Click the Type button. (see red arrow in photo) You are only interested in non-Microsoft items that say Context Menu in the type column. They are highlighted in Pink. In my example below, there are 3 possible items, dMCI, Avg, and Ymail. Look for one that has Bit Defender in it's name. (by the way, AVG used to cause this exact problem) Right click on it and click 'Disable Selected Items'. Try the Play All. If it works, leave this item disabled. If not, try another non-Microsoft item.
Nothing gets deleted. You can just as easily reenable them.

moper

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HI

NOT THE WAY I REALLY WANTED TO GO BECAUSE IM NO FAN OF SYSTEM RESTORES, BUT THIS IS WHAT I DID.
I restored to just before i installed a new antivirus which was provided by my isp NTL its called netguard, when i got to this point play all worked again so i re installed netguard and play all stoped, so i took it off again and play all was restored so a solution.

Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.