Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few months I have noticed that many times my ping would fluctuate drastically from time to time, at first I thought maybe my wireless was getting stolen from next door or someone was Downloading a file. IT mainly affected my FPS gaming and I couldn’t put my finger on what was up with my ping. A few days ago I downloaded the new Battlefield 2 demo and had encountered that same problem. I went to my brothers room to see what he was doing, just surfing the net. So I did a test and watched my ping when my brother would click onto a new website/web page. Well that was the problem every time my brother would bring up a new web page, my ping would go from 35, 85, 150, 300, 700, in little under 7 seconds and then would go down to normal unless he was to click on another page. I have never had a problem like this with my wireless router d-link d1-614+ its hooked up to 2-3 computers on it at once. If anyone could help me fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the same problem with Counter-Strike and a few other games (ping is usually in 200-300 range) but a ping of 20-40 in Call Of Duty.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I am also using the D-Link 614+, 2 comps and an Xbox hooked up.

No viruses/spyware, nothing unecessary in start-up menu.

·
Super Moderator
43,953 Posts
I wouldn't update the firmware if its only on one machine. One mistake will fry the modem/router.

Like Rockn asked in other thread, what type of connection are you on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the problem is still occuring and i updated my firmware back when my router would dissconect every hour or so and it fixed it, only problem is that i cant remeber how i got the firmware and installed it any sugestions on where to find the right one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.