Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have created a pocket drive full of photos that I am going to give to a family member as a Christmas present.

I love picasa and would like to manipulate it to do the following. I'm sorry if I don't know the correct terminology. i'll be as articulate as I can.

I would like to create a 'self contained' installation of picasa for this pocket drive. That is, I want to have picasa installed in this drive so that I can plug it into any computer and open it with settings specific to its installation.

I have copied the program folder onto the drive and it opens on other computers that do not have picasa installed. However when I plug it into a computer that does have picasa installed, the installation of picasa on the pocket drive takes the settings from the installation of picasa on the computer. Is there any way to stop this? So that I can have two self contained installations of picasa, one on the computer and one on the pocket drive, and each with their own unique settings?

Thanks for your time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.