Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a blue screen with an error message stating that my computer is dumping physical memory to prevent damage to itself. A counter appears at the bottom of the blue screen indicating the progress of the dump. When it gets to 100, it boots up... gets to a certain point after loading Windows(XP) and starts the whole process over again. (Blue screening, that is). After about 3 times of that, it will load and run. Could you please offer advice as to what I might do to prevent this? It usually happens when I'm operating Photoshop and watching a movie on my second monitor. This has only been a problem recently as I've watched movies and worked in Photoshop consecutively before without incident (or blue screen) before. Thank you.

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
The -entire- error message may help, as there are several hundred possibilities.

You also need to consider things such as over-temperature (as the CPU and Video Card run hotter when being used for things such as PhotoShop and Video).

A failed fan, or too much dust are but two possibilites.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+
1.60 GHz
1.0 Gb of RAM
Set to "Adjust for best performance" under Performance Options tab
Set to "Programs" under Processor scheduling; & "Programs" under Memory usage; & 4605 MB for Virtual memory for Total paging file size for all drives.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Error signature BCCode: 1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2: 16dd3284 BCP3: B1E9D968 BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 1_0 Product: 768_1
Also: win32k.sys-Address BF87A2B8 base at BF800000 DateStamp 3d6de5e5
was on one dump and: IRQL Not less or equal was on the last dump.

If this isn't what you wanted to know, I won't be able to access any more information until it dumps again. Hopefully, this is it.

kiwiguy said:
The -entire- error message may help, as there are several hundred possibilities.

You also need to consider things such as over-temperature (as the CPU and Video Card run hotter when being used for things such as PhotoShop and Video).

A failed fan, or too much dust are but two possibilites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.