Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suddenly had a problem with Photoshop CS3 ver. 10.0.1 – it gets to a point when opening and hangs. It gets to 'finding system profiles...' then stops. I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Shft when opening but this does not resolve the problem. I know that this thread has been posted before but none of these threads seem to have the correct solution – Windows Vista SP3, 4GB memory, TBs of HDD, running PS3. I have been using PS for some 20 years and consider myself to be an expert in the programme's usage but this one has stumped me! Any help out there?
Many thanks in anticipation...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HHmmm... tried the reinstall route but to no avail - that was yesterday - came in today and all is well after a good night's sleep (the PC you understand not me... I have far too many things happening in my life to be able to sleep but I had better not mention them all here!).So I can only guess that PS lost its references to the Preference folder temporarily.
Many thanks for your reply though and I will keep things updated if it happens again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help and a HNY to you too... mind you I now have to give PS permission to open up and do not seem to be able to tell Vista that it is ok to automatically open when told to do so! UAC and all that... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.