Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping I can find an answer here. When I scan pictures (Visioneer 7600 scanner) or download off digital camera (HP Photosmart620), I save as jpegs. When I try to e-mail as File Attachments, everyone tells me that the pictures are too big to view. What am I missing?
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.:(

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hopefully others will have a better solution, but this is what I do.

Right click on your photo and select copy. Then I open up a Word document and then right click on the document and click paste. Your photo is now on the word document, still real big, (at least mine are) but at least now you should be able to left double click on the picture, until you notice the picture now has a black edge around it.

Put your cursor on the upper left hand corner, and if you did this right, the cursor will turn into a double-headed arrow. Hold down left button and drag the upper left hand corner down diagonally to the right. This is re-sizing the pucture. You'll probably have to let go and do this over a few times until the picture is sized jsut right to fit on the screen.

Then you can save the Word document with the picture on it and e-mail it.

I'd like to think there's a better way and hopefully somebody can tell us both. :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yea! Thanks Debe, I knew someone would come along with something better.

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
Then if it's for electronic use only you can change the DPIU to 72.

Then you can change the percent of pic resize.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
If you resize images from your digital camera make sure to have Irfanview “Save As” rather than “Save” so you keep the original. Reversing the process and resizing the image back to the original size doesn’t recover any of the image information you lost when you downsized. If you want to use the image for some other purpose like printing you want the original image from the camera. I keep an e-mail folder for downsized images.

Just set the scanner to scan at 100 PPI and save as JPG for e-mail. Use 300 PPI and save as TIFF to print an image. A 4 X 6 print scanned at 100 PPI (DPI) would give an image of 400 X 600 pixels, which would be about perfect to display on a screen with 600 X 800 resolution set.

In the sample changing the DPI is not going to change the 185 X 185 pixel size of the image, which is what is displayed onscreen. So whoever you send it to would have the image take 185 of their say 600 vertical pixels regardless of the DPI set. 185 X 185 is the display size of the image and changing the DPI will not alter it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.