Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received an E Mail with photos as an attachment. I have to rt. click the photos and save in My Documents in order to view them. Is there an easier way?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I try to open it says there is no program to open it. I have found that Irfanview will work ,but now I am trying to ind out if it will interfere with Photoshop Elements which is on the computer.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Right click on the file and select the "open with" function instead. Then choose the default program to open it with, such as Microsoft Picture Manager, or maybe you have other picture software on your computer that you would prefer. This will set the default program for opening files of that type.

·
Trusted Advisor (deceased)
5,176 Posts
You need to set a file association for the type of file you want to open.
If it's a JPEG, for example, right click a JPEG and select "Open With" (not Open) on the menu.
If the program you want is on the list, click it and check the box "Always use this program to open this type of file", then click OK.
If the program is not on the list, click the browse button and find the program, check the "Always use" and OK.
The file type should now open with the chosen program.
IrfanView is good for all graphics files. Or "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" would be OK, also.
Choose whatever graphics program you want to use. You can change it if you want something else later.
Doing this shouldn't interfere with Photoshop.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have downloaded Irfanview and will see how that works. I have tried everything that has been suggested and Irfanview is the only thing that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.