Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A friend of mine had his sdhc card corrupted. His computer frooze when looking at photos on it, he then removed the card and now it can't be accessed anymore. I try to recover the photos on it. When I insert it in my sdhd card reader, I hear the sound windows make when a new periphical is inserted but I don't see the card in Windows Explorer (no letter assigned). I have then tryed Photorec. It search for quite a long time then find the card, but report incorrect size :

524kb Generic-Multi-Card

Instead of 4 Gb it should be. It is noted under this in Photorec :

---
Note: Disk capacity must be correctly detected for a successful recovery. If a disk listed above has incorrect size, check HD jumper settings, BIOS detection, and install the latest OS patches and disk drivers.
---

I have tryed several time with the same result. I have also tryed with Testdisk with the same result (524 kb reported). I have not tryed to rescue with this size in fear of losing the content of the card.

The card is a Kodak 4GB SDHC Class 4. I am testing with a know to work card reader on laptop running Windows 7 SP1 32 bits. I have cleaned when contact with a little bit of alcool on q-tips with no change. Also, sometimes the card is not detected at all when I lauch Photorec or Testdisk. I have tryed with both latest 6.13 and beta 6.14-WIP Photorec. I have also tryed the card in another digital camera with an unusable error message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Phore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.