Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
34,269 Posts
DebbyR said:
Hi,
I'm wondering if any of you can fix this old photo? My dad scanned it, and it is giving me trouble trying to lighten it up.
Thanks!
here you go...:)

I tried a few different looks but this one seemed to look the best....will this do or? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your efforts!
I have suggested he re-scan it with higher resolution & more light... hopefully he can locate the picture... I was going to take it home & do it for him, but he couldn't find it... well, hopefully he will run across it, its very precious.
Appreciate your help. Its better then I had done. :D

·
Banned
8,372 Posts
Hi DebbyR

Unfortunately there is no digital info in the dark/shadow areas as ymfoster said

It would take a Photoshop wizard or a rescan of the original to make any significant improvements...

buck

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I have given up making this photo a masterpiece, but need advise how to avoid the overpowering night sky when I had a perfect moon shot just over the top of a hillside.
I took 4 shots from a stable (post top) using the timer so no shake would apply, and expected some fabulous photos
BUT
They all are similar to the first attachment (moon isn't even visible.) The "fixed" photo is just to show where the moon is, and exposing it bleached out all the colors.

Any ideas would be apreciated-I suspect its something I need to adjust on my (Sony) camera, that cannot be corrected with software? or can it ?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Knotbored said:
I have given up making this photo a masterpiece, expected some fabulous photos
Any ideas would be apreciated-I suspect its something I need to adjust on my (Sony) camera, that cannot be corrected with software? or can it ?
One thing you can do is turn your ISO down when dust comes..and possibly keep the shutter open for a little longer and wait till it gets a little darker to bring out the moon more.. http://media.pixpond.com/enm0g9.jpg

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
These were auto settings 1/25 exposure/ ISO160
I don't usually set these, but I can figure out how if you could suggest aprox what would work. Wheb you say turn ISO down-do you mean smaller number? (ISO 100 maybe) or bigger (ISO 400 example)?
I would experiment but these unusual pictures only come around once in a blue-moon (that was supposed to be a pun)

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Knotbored said:
These were auto settings 1/25 exposure/ ISO160
I don't usually set these, but I can figure out how if you could suggest aprox what would work. Wheb you say turn ISO down-do you mean smaller number? (ISO 100 maybe) or bigger (ISO 400 example)?
I would experiment but these unusual pictures only come around once in a blue-moon (that was supposed to be a pun)
Yes, low ISO will get rid of picture 'Noise" around 100 or 50 for night shots.. Don't forget to turn it back up for daytime shots

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.