Tech Support Guy banner

Photo Repair Workshop

415K views 3K replies 154 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Really good work on those Stoner, I'm just amazed at how old those pics are!

The smile isn't quite Mona Lisa, but 'tis much less stern :) :up:

I guess it must have taken alot af planning and preparation to capture images back then, and I think it's really cool you have images that date back so far reflecting your lineage.

Those photos must be (and should be) treasures to you.

#13 ·
xgerryx said:
It is amazing.

Be interesting in a hundred years when we are all dead and gone and one of the great grand kids finds a box of old cd's in the attic. "what are these mum?"
And ya know, they might even find a print on paper, maybe not by inkjet nor laser - but by the silver element in the earth that started it all.

:) Mum will look at the CD and say "i dont know deary, but it won't fit in anything we have, perhaps we should visit grandma today ;)

She will be glad to see y'all come for a visit, whether the CD works or not. :up:

#15 ·
This is a shot of my front garden from a few years ago...
Yes I shot into the sun :eek: using an instant disposable camera :eek: , but I was wondering if anyone could sort of clean it up a bit. ie define, but don't take away the neighbour's golf cart (it identifies when and where we were living)
There was no garden at all when we moved in...just rocks and grass, so it would be nice to have for the before and subsequent later years garden shots.
Thanks in advance if you can fix it....or tell me to toss it because it's not worth fixing ;).
Carolyn :)

Attachments

#18 ·
Hi again,
The maximum size you can upload here to tsg is 200 kb which is a necessary limit but still leaves enough info for a reasonable looking internet photo. Have a go reducing the size but keeping the end result somewhere between 100/200 kbs. Be aware though that the image you have doesn't look like you will get a real good result because of the sun.

#20 ·
This is an old photo, date unknown, but by the age of my relative, late 1800's.

The first scan looks a bit darker than it did with the human eye. The surface of the paper was not glossy and I suspect that added to the darkness?
The second is only a gamma correction.

Attachments

#24 ·
I probably spent too much time on this one.
So, I'll ask......what's the easiest way to get glare out of a photo?

BTW, the scene thru the windows was unknown :D
I did know that it was a business setting, so I added some old buildings.
These are cut down images, the brick street shows up nicely in the 'full' size.

Attachments

#25 ·
Wow now you have really done good. Getting the glare/washed out look out is very hard if it can even be done Stoner so you may of spend a lot of time but I bet it was the only way to do it. Now there may of been a more easy way but still it takes lots of time.
How did you even bring out all you did is just great. Nice effect adding the other building too.

Can you post over at imageshack the bigger versions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.