Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I am new to all this and not very technical so hope someone can be of help. I have a Phillips Freevents LSI 600 and have had it for about 4/5 years, never had any probs up until a few weeks ago when a message appeared saying "ATI control panel failed to initialize as no ATI driver is installed or is not working properly" I checked and it was installed. The screen resolutions changed and then computer just restarted only for the same thing to keep happening every 20mins or so. I did a system restore and all seemed to be well for a couple of days then the same thing kept happening again, also a blue screen appears before restarting. I was told to uninstall all the ATI drivers (which I stupidly did) but the computer seems to not be working at all now. I can get it on and everything appears as should be ie. e-mails pop up to say they are in the inbox but then when I click on anything to open nothing happens, I can`t even get in to do a sytem restore again. When I have looked I don`t even have a recovery CD with the comp so I am completely stuck. I am using my hubbys laptop now.
I have al the spec of the desktop if its need and I just hope someone can help. I am very wary of taking it to a shop to have it repaired. Maybe its something or nothing. Thanks anyone.:eek:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.