Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open my computer and search through the folders, one particular folder once opened causes a crash. It is only ever this one single folder which I find very strange :( I get the Windows Explorer error message window pop up with the prompt to send it to Microsoft ( I have NOT )the error signiture states a dll file wmvcore whatever that means !. This is driving me craazeeeeee Please help if you can, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Try Start-->Run--sfc /scannow...system file checker scans for corruption of system files. Might need OS disk...if prompted. If no go, then

While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383

Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.
To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Good Luck

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
It sounds like the hard drive has a problem, which may be fixed by a scan of it. Open My Computer and right click the hard drive and select Properties. Then select the Tools tab and use Error Checking, clicking Check Now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.