Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already have a ati radeon 9200se but for some odd reason it only came with one monitor input. i want to add a dual setup and i already have both monitors but only one monitor input limits me. i was wondering if i can add a cheap pci video card to control the other monitor or if i have to get a new agp video card.

both monitors are vga.

windows xp pro
2.8ghz 800mhz fsb
1gig pc 3200 ram
9200se 128mb vid card
msi pt800 neo motherboard.

*side thought...is there a way to use the onboard graphics and a video card instead of buying the new pci card (if that would work) or no??* :D

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
In most cases you can go any of the three routes, a new AGP card, an additonal PCI card, or your current AGP with the onboard.

For the onboard you need to check if the motherboard allows both to be used at the same time. Go into the BIOS and see what options exist. You may need to change the Primary video card to Onboard to get both to function. Connect the second monitor and fiddle around with it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry im bios illiterate what kind of options would i look for to do the onboard plus agp?? i wanna try that so i dont have to spend more money. the mobo i have is a msi pt800 neo

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well that route is sorta moot. i was tryin to mess around and see if i could accidentally get it to work and i noticed that my onboard monitor port looks just like the end of the monitor cable (both have pins sticking out!!)...not sure how that happened! lol

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Cell said:
well that route is sorta moot. i was tryin to mess around and see if i could accidentally get it to work and i noticed that my onboard monitor port looks just like the end of the monitor cable (both have pins sticking out!!)...not sure how that happened! lol
You will be looking at the Serial RS232 port, same connector size but different pins (and gender of pins)

As far as I know, that motherboard does not have on-board video?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah triple said the same thing. cant believe i didnt catch that when i bout it last year do you think the pci card would work or just get a new agp vid card?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.