Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am using ASUS p5n-E SLI and i was playing my games on sunday and everything was going fine and all the sudden the pc shuts down and it wont boot back up i took off thsde side pannel everything was fine and connected, and the LED is solid green it says on until the power supply is turned off, i cannot find the reset button anywhere on my NZXT {model pc} i have read the manual inside and out nothing about it "i am reallying hoping my motherboard did not fry it hasnt even been a year" please give me some suggestions

and a side not the pc will start up on occasion for about 1 second the lights go on the fan starts to run and bam just shuts off please help.
another note the modem shows internet running which it only does when pc is on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar problem onetime and realized after hours of reading and frustration that the problem turned out to be my hard-drive I know its a real pain as you loose all your precious stuff photos mp3s vids do you have another drive or external drive to try??

·
Registered
27 Posts
the reset switch on your motherboard is generally a 3 or 4 prong removable tab you have to take it off and slide it back on again thats assuming this is your problem hope ive been of some help good luck.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
This is not necessarily the HD. There's usually an error message associated with HD failure.
Remove the power plug and hold the start button for 10 seconds or so, then replace the plug and try again.
Are all the fans running?
I'd say this is more likely to be a memory error or something heat related.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The unplugging and holding for 10 seconds did not work :( i was on the pc for a long time though if it was a heat issue what would i do also could be it be in sleep mode or something.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The unplugging and holding for 10 seconds did not work :( i was on the pc for a long time though if it was a heat issue what would i do also could be it be in sleep mode or something.
Turn off the computer, take off the power cable from the back and any other external cables from the back of the computer.
Now check the Heat SInk to make sure it's not very hot, clean any dusk ion the motherboard then wait for about 5mins then restart it again...
Hope that works better..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.