Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC won't boot into BIOS

890 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
Hello there! I'm looking for some help with my new system. It's the first one I've built and don't have a clue why it is not booting into the bios.

I've taken it apart and put it back together again, sticking close by to the installation manual but nothing seems to the working. The cpu and case fans are spinning and the MOBO LEDs are lighting up but my monitor shows 'no display'.

My hardware list is as follows:
- ab350m gaming 3 (gigabyte)
- cpu ryzen 5 1600x
- ram corsair vengeance lpx (2x8gb) ddr4 2400 MHz
- psu cx500 corsair 500 watt
- hyper 212 evo from cooler master (with am4 upgrade bracket)
- Kingston 240gb ssd
- HGST/Hitachi (HUA723020ALA641) Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB 64MB 7200RPM

I was also wondering if it is a cpu failure as I've seen that being an issue with older systems, but this one is brand new.

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Which video connector are you using? I see it has HDMI,D-sub and DVI-d, have you checked your monitor and cable on another computer?

#4 ·
Which graphics card do you have installed?
I don't see one mentioned in your list of specs.
I'm not familiar with the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X processor, so I don't know if it has integrated graphics.

The Corsair "CX" series power supplies are designed for basic builds and not for high-end gaming builds.
You should install a better quality one with more wattage.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
I'm not familiar with the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X processor, and I'm not a hardware expert, so I don't know if it has integrated graphics like some other AMD processors do.
If it doesn't have integrated graphics, and there's no graphics card installed, that would explain why you don't see anything on your monitor.
The best way to find out is to install a graphics card and then connect your monitor to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.